How do I reset my Linksys WRT54G?
Linksys WRT54G router could be reset either of the following two ways:
Resetting the Linksys WRT54G router using the factory reset button – HARD RESET
This method could be used when you are unable to access the web based setup page of the Linksys WRT54G router or in case of forgetting the Linksys router’s password.
- While the Linksys WRT54G router is powered on and is power LED is blinking, press the reset factory button on the router.
- Using a sharp or pointed object, press and hold the reset button for about 30 seconds.
- Wait for 30 seconds and then release the button.
- Unplug the Linksys WRT54G router’s power adapter and then re-plug it.
- Wait for about 60 seconds to allow your router to boot up.
- The Power LED on the Linksys WRT54G router would keep on blinking for few seconds after being reset as router tries to stabilize.
- In case, the Power light does not turn solid, power-cycle the Linksys router.
After resetting the Linksys WRT54G router, configure the route once again after
linksyssmartwifi.com login for Linksys router setup.
Resetting the Linksys WRT54G router through the Web based setup page – SOFT RESET
This method involves logging into the web based setup page of Linksys WRT54G router through linksyssmartwifi.com login.
- Open your preferred web browser from Linksys WRT54G router connected computer.
- Enter the Linksys router login default web address linksyssmartwifi.com in the browser’s address field box.
- Alternatively, use default IP address to log into the Linksys router. By default, the IP address is “192.168.1.1”.
- The Linksys WRT54G router’s login page would appear.
- Enter your Linksys user ID as well as password when prompted on login page.
- By default there is no ID, that is user ID field should be blank and “admin” should be entered as the password.
- As the web based management page is directed, click “Administration” option on the top.
- Select “Factory Defaults” option.
- As you see the “Restore Factory Defaults” link, click “Yes”.
- Click on the “Save Settings” button on bottom of the Web based setup page.
- Your Linksys WRT54G router would get reset to the factory default settings.
- Linksys WRT54G router would reboot and re-start.
- You would require logging into the Linksys WRT54G router once again using the default password admin.
After you have reset Linksys WRT54G router, re-configure the router through linksyssmartifi.com login. Using the inbuilt feature in the router, access the Administration from web based setup page and select Backup Configuration. This would restore any settings on your Linksys router which would prevent them from being changed if you ever
have to reset the Linksys WRT54G router again.
How do I reset my Linksys WRT54G router username and password?
Resetting the username and password requires access to the web based setup page through linksyssmartwifi.com login from the web browser. From the setup home page, access the settings and router password to reset the Linksys router login password.
How do I reset my Linksys router to factory settings?
This could either be done through soft reset using the web based setup page via linksyssmartwifi.om login by accessing the factory default option to restore the router settings to factory settings or through hard reset by pressing and holding the factory reset button to reset.
What happens if I reset my Linksys router?
Once you reset the Linksys router, all the personalized settings would get reverted to its factory default settings. Every router setting such as Wi-Fi name (SSID), wireless security settings etc. would get erased.
Will resetting my Linksys router reset the admin password?
Once you reset the Linksys router, all the personalized settings would get reverted to its factory default settings. Every router setting such as Linksys router login password, Wi-Fi name (SSID), wireless security settings etc. would get erased.
How do I restore my Linksys router after factory reset?
Using the inbuilt feature in the router, access the Administration from web based setup page and select Backup Configuration. This would restore any settings on your Linksys router which would prevent them from being changed if you ever have to reset the Linksys WRT54G router again.