How to Change Linksys Router Wi-Fi Name and Password
Linksys Wi-Fi Router Successfully installed and therefore the Linksys Connect Software, a singular wireless network name (SSID) and password are going to be generated automatically. However, you’ll change them into something that you simply can easily remember. We are providing instructions on how to update the wireless network name (SSID) and password of your Linksys wireless network through the Linksys Connect Software.
QUICK TIP:- The Linksys Router wireless settings also can be changed manually through your web-based setup page.
NOTE:- If Linksys Connect isn’t working, you would possibly have an older version of the software or changed the wireless settings of your router using the web-based setup page. To resolve this, you would like to reset the device and reinstall the Linksys Connect Software. To reset your router, press and hold the push button for 10 seconds.
Step 1:- Launch Linksys Connect.
Step 2:- On the most Linksys Connect window, select Router settings then click Change.
Step 3:- Under the Personalize section, as well as they click Change to modify your router’s name and password. Hence the window will appear to confirm that you are changing your Linksys router name or password. Click Yes to continue.
Step 4:- On the Change router name and password screen, enter a reputation that you simply like better to call your wireless network under the Router name field, then enter a password that’s 8-63 characters long. When you’re done, click Change.
NOTE:- it’s recommended to make or update the straightforward Setup Key right after completing the installation. As well as they will allow you to save your security settings such as your wireless network name (SSID) and password so you can easily connect other devices to your network.
Step 5:- Linksys Connect will automatically update the settings once you check the Router settings details. Take note of your password, you’ll need this to attach additional devices in your network. Click Finish to return to the main screen.
NOTE:- The newly generated wireless security settings also are the user name and password that you simply will use to access the web-based setup page of your Linksys Wi-Fi Router. Alternatively, hence you’ll also change your wireless network’s password through the web-based setup page.
Your Linksys router comes with a default network name and it’s important that you simply change it for several reasons.
- To personalize your home network. Your network name is often seen by anyone nearby once they scan for Wi-Fi signals using their phone or other mobile device.
- To avoid confusion together with your neighbors network name just in case they’re just using an equivalent default name.
- To enhance the safety of your home network. Although changing the name itself won’t increase the protection, attackers are going to be ready to see that your network is being managed in order that they might attack those networks that use default credentials instead.
- As well as changing your wireless password will prevent unwanted connections from other wireless devices.
- Open a new web browser. (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox etc.)
- In the address bar, type 192.168.1.1 then Press Enter on the keyboard. Hence you will be asked to enter the router’s username and password to log in.
Password: leave blank
3. In the event that you simply can’t access the router’s web based setup page, you’ve forgotten the network’s wireless security key otherwise you are troubleshooting a connectivity issue, As well as you’ll need to reset the router to its default factory settings.