Set Up Parental Controls
To set up the Parental controls feature in Linksys Connect, you would like to try to do the
1. Enable Parental Controls and set a password
2. Rename the devices subjected to Parental controls
3. Change the password to Parental Controls
4. Block Internet Access
1. Enable Parental controls and set a password:-
Step 1:- Launch the Linksys Connect software, and choose Parental controls.
Step 2:- Enter a password within the Parental controls password and as well as Verify password
fields. As well as Enter a Secret question and its corresponding Answer within the fields
NOTE:-Hence these are important security measures to recover a lost password.
Step 3:– Click ok to confirm.
Step 4:– After saving, you’ll now select which device you would like to limit. Click ok. NOTE:-
A complete of 5 (5) devices could also be found out under Parental controls.
QUICK TIP: If your device isn’t on the list, make sure that the device is connected to the
network which the firewall is disabled.
2. Rename the devices subjected to Parental controls:– Changing the names makes
it easier for you to identify one device from the other. For instructions on the thanks to this,
follow the steps below:
Step 1:- On the Linksys Wireless Router Parental controls screen under the Restrict Internet
access on section, select the name of the device that you simply want to edit then click Rename.
Step 2:– Enter the new name you would like for the device then click Rename.
NOTE:– As well as you’ll then see the new name of the device under the Parental controls screen.
3. Change the password for Parental controls:-Changing the Parental controls
password is useful if the restricted users have come to understand the present password. To do
this, follow the steps below:
Step 1:- On the Linksys Router Parental controls screen under the Restrict Internet access on
section, as well as click Change parental controls password.
Step 2:– Enter your Old password within the field provided. Then enter the new password within
the new password and as well as Verify password sections. Click Change to confirm.
NOTE:-The password should only be between 4-32 characters and a mixture of number and
4. Block Internet access:– The Linksys Router Parental controls feature allows you to limit
Internet access in two (2) ways. You can either:
1. Block Internet access during specific hours as well as days.
2. Block Internet access through specific websites.