Linksys router setup issue
Facing Linksys router setup issues are common while you try to connect to the router’s wireless network connection. Error messages saying “Your router was not successfully setup” show up unwontedly on trying to configure router. To overcome the Linksys router connection setup issues, you must follow stepwise below mentioned resolving errors:
- Disconnect by unplugging the Linksys smart wifi router’s Ethernet cable connected from your DSL or cable modem to router at the WAN ports.
- In a similar way, disconnect as well as unplug the computer and Linksys router connecting Ethernet cable at the LAN ports.
- Allow router to reset before performing router setup:
- Find the reset button on the back panel of the Linksys router.
- Ensure that the router is powered on.
- Press and keep holding the reset button using a paper pin or other sharp object for 30 seconds.
- The status LED lights on the router would start to blink.
- Release the reset button.
- the LED would turn stable as the reset finishes to stabilize the router
- The router would resets and restore to factory default settings.
- Setup connection of the router to computer at the WAN port using an Ethernet cable.
- Setup connection of the computer back to the Linksys router’s LAN port using an Ethernet cable.
- You can also use the wireless connection setup to connect computer wirelessly to the router.
- Lastly, Access the router login to direct Smart setup wizard for Linksys router setup process.
Accessing the Linksys Smart setup Wizard – correct Linksys router setup:
- Launch a web browser on the computer connected by wired or wirelessly to the router.
- Navigate through linksyssmartwifi.com or myrouter.local router login web addresses from the web browser.
- If any login error occurs, try accessing router login IP address http://192.168.1.1 for default router login gateway.
- The Linksys smart setup wizard is auto-launched after directed through linksys router login.
- Allow the smart setup wizard to run on router by selecting Setup wizard.
- To setup router manually, opt t select Manual configuration.
- The setup wizard automatically detects configuration of router’s wireless settings.
- Go through onscreen instructions step by step by wizard to finish setting and configuration of the Linksys router.
- Enter required wireless network connection type information to allow connection setup.
- Whenever prompted, assign new SSID and password to secure access of the Linksys smart wifi network.
- Also, assign new router login or administrative password to secure access to the web based management setup page.
- Thus, Router setup is properly completed once the setup summary page is visible.
Troubleshoot: Connectivity issues with Linksys smart Wi-Fi network
- Get through troubleshooting of the wireless network after accessing the Troubleshoot tools via linksyssmartwifi.com login.
- Check that the WAN connection between modem and router is properly setup.
- Ensure the firmware of the router is updated to the recent version manually or automatically.