Linksys smart wifi router Internet access
Linksys smart wifi router can be configured for its basic settings once the router has been setup completely. Configuring the internet access is possible only once you are able to log into the router’s home page using the Linksys cloud account associated with the router locally or remotely.
To configure your Linksys smart wifi router settings for your local network, you must use the Connectivity tool on the home page.
Accessing connectivity tool on Linksys smart wifi router:
The Linksys smart wifi router’s connectivity tool can be used to manage the router’s basic, internet settings, local network settings, change the network name and password and other configurations.
To access the connectivity tool:
- Login to the Linksys smart wifi router page using Linksys loud account or default linksyssmartwifi.net login web address.
The Linksys smart wifi login with cloud account uses Linksys smart wifi service to associate the router with the cloud account.
- Launch a web browser on your computer.
- Enter linksyssmartwifi.com as web login in the address bar.
- Linksys smart wifi router can be logged in using default IP address, "192.168.1.1" as well in the address bar.
If the Linksys smart wifi login IP address does not work or you are unable to find it, search for the Linksys router's IP address.
- The Linksys smart wifi login authentication page asks for the login username and password.
- Leave the Linksys smart wifi login username blank as it is by default.
- Enter the default Linksys smart wifi login password as admin. Click on LOG in.
- The Linksys Smart Wi-Fi home page appears on entering correct login information.
It is now possible to access and configure Linksys smart wifi router using the Smart Wi-Fi Tools and accessing Router Settings.
- Open router settings menu.
- Select Connection tool
The Linksys router’s connection tools allow settings configuration based on the preference:
With it, you can view and change 5 router settings through 5 tabs;
Local network setting
The Basic tab under connectivity tool allows the Linksys smart wifi router users to view as well as change the router settings.
- It gives access to view wireless network settings – wireless network name and password.
- Gives access to view and change the Linksys smart wifi router login password.
- Provides the Linksys smart wifi router firmware update information. If there are any available firmware versions found, it enables the users to update it automatically or manually depending if you selected check for updates button.
The internet settings tab is used to setup internet connection to the router during the Linksys smart setup. These settings are configured and managed by the Linksys smart setup wizard while setting up the router.
The Local Network setting on the connection tool allows the Linksys smart wifi router to work with your wireless internet connection.
Whereas, the advanced routing option is used to assign a specific IP Address, subnet mask and gateway address to device connected to your Linksys smart wifi router.
Configuring the VLAN settings on the connection tool after linksyssmartwifi.com login , allows establishing router connection to the internet using Virtual LAN (VLAN) to be enabled on your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router.
The administration settings are configured to allow local or wireless access to the Linksys smart wifi network.
All the tabs on the connection tool require linksyssmartwifi.com login to be used for any individual configuration on the router.