Linksys Router Setup(www.linksyssmartwifi.com)
Linksys Router Setup it is relatively quite instant and trouble-free. You can set up your Linksys router through www.linksyssmartwifi.com or via IP address 192.168.1.1 Linksys setup and access Linksys Smart Wi-Fi page.
How I can log in into my Linksys router using www.linksyssmartwifi.com?
You can log in to your Linksys router using www.linksyssmartwifi.com or 192.168.1.1. To log in to your Linksys router, you can use the following steps:
- Open a web browser from a computer or device that is connected to your router.
- Type linksyssmartwifi.com in the address bar.
- It will open up a login authentication page.
- Type the default credentials in the username and password text fields if you have not changed the password.
- The default credentials for username and password is admin.
- Press enter.
- If you have successfully logged in, it will direct you to a BASIC home page.
Note: If you are not able to access the login page using www.linksyssmartwifi.com, you can try accessing the login page using 192.168.1.1.
Why linksyssmartwifi.com page is not responding?
There can be many reasons that why I am not able to access the linksyssmartwifi.com.
- Check all the physical connection, there can be an improper cable connection.
- It can be because of an invalid IP address.
- It can be because of the wrong user name and password.
- It can be because of the defective router.
- The router firmware needs to be updated.
- It can be because of firmware, your computer firmware might be blocking all the connections.
- It can be because of network connection, there can be no internet connection between the routers.
You can follow the below-mentioned troubleshoot steps to fix these issues:
For wired connection
- You must have two Ethernet cables.
- One must be connected to from the modem to the router’s internet port.
- The second cable should be from computer to any of the Ethernet ports at the back of your router.
For wireless connection
- Make sure that router and modem are connected properly and your computer is connected to the wireless network.
Checking the router’s LED
- Check the lights of the router, after connecting the devices. Make sure that lights corresponding to the Ethernet port and internet LEDs where computer are connected are lit.
Checking the router’s IP address : You must have an IP address to connect your computer and router.
How I can find my wireless network name and password for my Linksys router?
You can follow the below-mentioned steps to find your wireless network name and password:
Step 1: Go to router’s web set up page.
Step 2: Go to set up, click wireless.
- There will be a configuration view, select manual in order to view the settings.
- Take note of SSID name.
- Select wireless security and note down security mode and passphrase.
Note: Security settings are case sensitive so make sure to note them correctly.
- There will be TX key which will indicate that which one among different key is your password.
How I can change the router’s network name and password using Linksys connect?
Once you successfully install the Linksys Wi-Fi router and Linksys connect software, a unique network name and password will be generated with this. It is always recommended to update the password that is easy to remember. You can follow the below-mentioned steps to update the network name and password:
Step 1: Open Linksys connect.
Step 2: On the Linksys connect window, select router settings and then click change.
Step 3: Go to Personalize section, click change to modify the router’s name and password.
Step 4: A pop-up window will appear to confirm that you are changing username and password of Linksys router.
Step 5: Once you will click on yes, it will re-direct you to a new window.
Step 6: Enter name and password that you want to keep for your router.
Step 7: Once you are done, click change.
Step 8: Linksys connect will automatically update the settings when you check the router setting details. Click finish to return on the main screen.
How I can update the router’s admin password?
For security purpose, it is always recommended to update the router’s admin password. To update the password for the router’s admin, you can use the following steps:
- Open a web browser from a computer or device that is connected to your router’s network.
- Type linksyssmartwifi.com or 192.168.1.1 in the address bar.
- It will open up a login authentication page.
- Enter the default password that is “admin”.
- You can leave the username field empty.
- Once you are successfully logged in, it will direct you to the home page.
- Check the administration page.
- Go to the management section; enter the new password in the Router password or Re-enter to confirm the fields.
- Click on the save settings.
How I can reset my Linksys router?
If you forgot the password of your Linksys router, you can reset your router to go back to factory settings of your Linksys router. To perform factory settings, you can follow the below mentioned steps:
- To reset your Linksys router, you need to press the reset button for 30 seconds.
- Once you press the router’s reset button, unplug and re-plug the router’s power adapter.
- To restore the default settings of your Linksys router.
- Log in to the admin page using linksyssmartwifi.com or 192.168.1.1.
- Once you get access to the login authentication page, enter default credentials.
- On the home page, go to the administration
- Under the administration tab, select Factory Defaults sub-tab.
- Under Factory Defaults sub-tab, select Restore Factory Defaults
How I can upgrade my Linksys router’s firmware?
You can update Linksys router using manual or automatic method. The firmware must be updated constantly to keep the router secure. A Firmware update ensure that the router stays compatible with the latest media devices so that the user doesn’t have to go around buying new routers every time they wish to buy a new media device. All the important data of the user passes through the router such as the private information of the user, their emails and passwords, their banking information when they buy something online and more. The firmware update is to ensure that the security on the router is kept up to date as well.
Checking the model and version of the router
You can find the model number and version of the router from the back of the router. Locating the exact version will help you to download the right firmware for your router.
Download the firmware
Go to the official website of Linksys and download the firmware according to the model number of the router and save it.
Steps to perform the upgrade
- Open a web browser from a device that is connected to the router’s network.
- Type linksyssmartwifi.com or 192.168.1.1in the address bar.
- Enter the default credentials, the default password is admin.
- If you have updated your password, use the updated credentials.
- Click on Administration>Firmware upgrade.
- Click on the browse button.
- Locate the file that you have downloaded and open it.
- Click the start upgrade button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the upgrade.
- Turn off the router.
- Turn it on again.
How I can set up my Linksys router without using a CD?
You can set up Linksys router using Linksys Connect Setup Software from the Linksys Support Site. For this, you need to support your computer first to network with an active Internet connection or directly to the modem.
You can follow the below mentioned steps to set up your Linksys router:
- Go to https://www.linksys.com/us/support/ .
- Enter the model number in the search bar.
- Click on the DOWNLOADS / FIRMWARE
- Select the hardware version.
- Locate the location and click download.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the download.
- Select “I AGREE”, when End User License Agreement prompt appears.
- Save the setup software.
- Select a location on the computer to save the file.
- It is recommended to save the file on the computer’s desktop.
- Click the file that you have downloaded.
- Click the license term link to read the license terms and information.
- Check the box once done.
- Click next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- The setup process will automatically generate a unique router’s SSID and password for your network.
- Click next once done.
- The set up will automatically identify your connection type, if it is detected that you are using a DSL connection a pop-up window will appear and ask you to enter the user account.
- After entering the information, click next.
- This set up will finalize an internet connection.
- You will see a confirmation window showing that you are now connected to the internet.
How I can set up my Linksys router using smart wizard set up?
To set up your Linksys router using, you can follow the below mentioned steps:
- If your router has an external antennas, connect your antennas to the router first and then plug in the router to the power source.
- If your router has a power switch then switch on the power button and wait until the LED lights are solid.
- Connect Ethernet cable from your modem to the router.
- Connect to the wireless network. You can find the credentials on the bottom of the router. To make sure that you don’t have to face any problem or have a good signal from the router or bring the wireless computer closer to the router’s room.
- Open your web browser and type linksyssmartwifi.com in the address bar.
Note: if you are not able to access the router using www.linksyssmartwifi.com then you can try accessing the web page using 192.168.1.1 or myrouter.local in the address bar.
- There will be a checkbox I have read and accepted the License Terms for using this software, tick the box.
- Click next to proceed.
- If you want to set up your router manually and want to skip the smart wizard set up then click on the manual configuration link at the bottom.
- The Install future router updates automatically (recommended)is checked by default to allow automatic updates, under the update your router window update.
- Click next to proceed further.
- Enter network name and password in the fields provided, click next.
- If you are using a wireless network, you will receive a message to reconnect to your network.
- Connect your wireless computer to the new wireless settings you used during the step in order to continue the setup.
- The wireless password is always case-sensitive
- Enter router password in the Create a router password field then click next.
- If you see message router is set up, this means your router is now successfully setup.
- The new Wi-Fi settings and the router admin password will be displayed.
- Click next to complete the entire set up.
- You will be directed to theCreate Your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Account page for Remote Access.
The Linksys Smart Wi-Fi is a free service associated with the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Routers.
Linksys Smart Wi-Fi application allows the configuration of the settings of your router either locally or remotely over the internet. You can use Linksys Smart Wi-Fi to access your router remotely in order to view your home network.
Once you have set up your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi router, create a Linksys cloud account which should be activated to associate with your router.
Linksys smart Wi-Fi cloud account
For creating a Linksys cloud account you must be connected to the wireless network of your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router in order to link your new account with your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router.
- To access the Linksys login page, type and enter linksyssmartwifi.com in the address bar of your preferred web browser.
- Create a Linksys smart wifi account by clicking ‘click here’ to make a new account.
- Fill all the necessary information in the given fields and click Create My Account to create a new one. A confirmation email will be sent to your email address asking you to activate your account.
- Click the link in the email to activate your Linksys cloud account you just created and this will take you to the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi page.
- An account is now validated message appears then after the account is validated. You will have to click on the here link to further login.
- You can now associate your router to your Linksys account by entering you’re the administrative password of your router and click on Ok.
Note: The Password for your router is admin by default. The router can be associated only if you are connected to your home network and it is impossible to associate your account remotely.
You have finally created your Linksys cloud account and associated it with your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router successfully. You can now manage your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router in future using your Linksys cloud account from anywhere using a web browser or using the Linksys app.
Linksys smart Wi-Fi access
You can access your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi through a web browser either through local or remote access.
- Launch a web browser and enter your router’s default IP address 192.168.1.1 or linksyssmartwifi.com in the address bar.
- Type your Router Password then Log in to your account. Make sure you are typing the default password as admin.
- You can even sign in directly from the link below the page by entering your Email Address and Password in the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Sign In page and then click Log in.
- Finally, you are taken to the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi home page and can now access as well as configure Linksys smart Wifi under the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Tools and Router Settings.
NOTE: you can see the Device List displayed as the Network Map Tool on some of the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Routers and the External Storage is displayed as USB Storage among Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Routers in the older firmware versions.
you can access your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi remotely as this allows you to manage your Wi-Fi to make changes in the settings of your router whenever you want to. You can do this by following the steps below:
- Open a web browser on your device and go to linksyssmartwifi.com while connected to Wi-Fi.
- Enter your login details against the Email Address and Password fields and click Log in.
- The Linksys Smart Wi-Fi home page appears which allows you to access and configure your router settings.